Matthias K. Gobbert
Current Research Interests
- Scientific computing and
parallel algorithms for computing clusters and other architectures
- Machine learning techniques for applications of Big Data
in science and engineering
- Multiscale modeling and numerical simulation of
chemically reactive flows
- Numerical methods for stationary and
time-dependent partial differential equations
- Applications in the life sciences, computational biology, engineering,
statistics, and other areas
- University of Maryland, Baltimore County (UMBC),
Department of Mathematics and Statistics,
Assistant Professor 1997-2003,
Associate Professor 2003-2010,
- University of Minnesota,
Institute for Mathematics and its Applications (IMA),
Postdoctoral Associate 1996-97
- Ph.D. in Mathematics, Arizona State University, May 1996
Useful Links to Information, Software, and Other Sites
Information about Mathematics and Various Events
Information on Software Written by Me
Other Software-Related Links
All information, graphics, visuals, code, etc. posted on this webpage and
its subpages are either owned by me or believed to be in the public domain.
If you know otherwise or have a claim to the copyright of any item,
please contact me.
I have tried to ensure correctness of all information on this webpage
and its subpages. However, no warranty of any kind for correctness or
fitness of use for any purpose can be assumed.
All comments on this homepage and the information contained therein are
Again, my e-mail address is
Copyright © 1995-2024 by Matthias K. Gobbert. All Rights Reserved.
This page version 33.1, January 2024.