News ArchiveThe complete list of announcements for this class:
- [Mon Apr 30 16:02 2012] O'Reilly is having a 50% sale on C e-books, for those who love the class SO much that they want to read more about C even though most future programming classes probably won't use it (except maybe Operating Systems, if you take that): O'Reilly C Ebooks
- [Sat Apr 28 17:55 2012] I updated blackboard grade calculations to correctly take into account that extra credit could only count towards improving classwork and homework scores. So all of the course grades in blackboard should now be the correct actual grade you have so far in the class.
- [Fri Apr 20 17:55 2012] Added solutions to the cw12 and hw10 to the website. Go to the assignment, and the link is at the top of the assignment.
- [Mon Mar 12 17:05 2012]
Run the following from your terminal to fix firefox cache to use local machine instead of network resources:
I ran this myself, and it worked for my account, but I haven't had anyone else try it yet. Let me know if you run into any issues.
- [Thu Mar 08 19:35 2012] Note that homework 6 has been changed since we did not cover loops yet. Please see the new homework 6 page, and the original homework 6 has now been pushed out to be homework 7.
- [Sun Mar 04 19:39 2012] Example code for hw5 showing how to read integer followed by single character
- [Sat Mar 03 22:49 2012] Just a note that conditional expressions will NOT be covered in the quiz on 3/5/2012
- [Tue Feb 28 22:49 2012] Example solution for homework 4 done in class
- [Tue Feb 28 22:49 2012] Note that you can run nano with a -c command line option to make nano show you the status line (with line numbers). Eg. you would run "nano -c myprog.c"
- [Mon Feb 13 22:49 2012]
For homework 2, please note that to use scanf with a double, you need to use "%lf", not just "%f". The compiler will complain with warning: format ‘%f’ expects type ‘float *’, but argument 2 has type ‘double *’
- [Sun Feb 05 20:44 2012]
Note, you should modify the default firefox cache size to be lower (5-10 MB) otherwise you Linux disk quota may become full and you will not be able to create new files (like homework or classwork)
- [Wed Feb 01 21:51 2012]
Homework1 should now be able to be submitted. Still checking on status for those who had trouble in class
- [Mon Jan 30 13:07 2012]
Added information for connecting to gl.umbc.edu from Macs to resources, will discuss in next class
- [Thu Jan 26 21:57 2012]
The textbook selected for this class is:
Problem Solving and Program Design in C, 6th Edition
Jeri Hanly and Elliot Koffman, Addison Wesley, 2009.
- [Thu Jan 26 21:56 2012] Web page up.