List @ DBLP
1. A. Azari, V.P. Janeja, S. Levin, MILES: Multiclass Imbalanced Learning in Ensembles through Selective Sampling, ACM Symposium on Applied Computing, Data Mining, 2017.
2. Vandana P. Janeja, Carolyn Seaman, Kerrie Kephart, Aryya Gangopadhyay, Amy Everhart: Cybersecurity workforce development: A peer mentoring approach. ISI 2016: 267-272
3. A. Kench , V. P. Janeja , Y. Yesha , N. Rishey, M. A. Grasso, A. Niskar, Clinico-genomic data analytics for precision diagnosis and disease management, IEEE International Conference on Healthcare Informatics 2015 (ICHI 2015)
4. Y. Feng, V. P. Janeja, Y. Yesha, Naphtali Rishe, Michael A. Grasso and Amanda Niskar. Poster: Classifying Primary Outcomes in Rheumatoid Arthritis: Knowledge Discovery from Clinical Trial Metadata, 2015 IEEE 5 th International Conference on Computational Advances in Bio and medical Sciences (ICCABS) 2015’
5.J. M. Namayanja, V.P. Janeja, Change Detection in Evolving Computer Networks: Changes in Densification and Diameter Over Time, IEEE International Conference on Intelligence and Security Informatics, 2015, Baltimore MD
6.F. Quader, V.P. Janeja, Justin Stauffer, Persistent Threat Pattern Discovery, IEEE International Conference on Intelligence and Security Informatics, 2015, Baltimore MD
7. F. Quader, V.P. Janeja, Computational Models to Capture Human Behavior in Cybersecurity Attacks, The Third ASE International Conference on Cyber Security May, 2014, Stanford, CA
8. J. M. Namayanja, V.P. Janeja, Discovery of Persistent Threat Structures through Temporal and Geo-Spatial Characterization in Evolving Networks, IEEE Intelligence and Security Informatics (ISI) 2013
9. A. Azari, V.P. Janeja, Scott Levin, Predicting Hospital Admissions from the Emergency Department to Reduce Boarding, Healthcare Systems Process Improvement Conference, 2013, New Orleans
10. Michael McGuire, Aryya Gangopadhyay, V.P. Janeja, Exploring Multivariate Spatio-Temporal Change in Climate Data Using Image Analysis Techniques, 3rd International conference on Computing for Geospatial Research and Applications, Com.Geo July 1-3 2012 .
11. M. P. McGuire, V.P. Janeja and A. Gangopadhyay, Characterizing Sensor Datasets with Multi-Granular Spatio-Temporal Intervals, Poster paper accepted at the 19th ACM SIGSPATIAL International Conference on Advances in Geographic Information Systems (ACM SIGSPATIAL GIS 2011)
12. Sandipan Dey, V. P. Janeja, and A. Gangopadhyay, Temporal Neighborhood Discovery using Markov Models, IEEE International Conference on Data Mining series (ICDM 2009), Acceptance rate – full paper : 8.9%
13. Lei Shi , V.P. Janeja, Anomalous Window Discovery through Scan Statistics for Linear Intersecting Paths (SSLIP), 15th ACM SIGKDD International Conference on Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining (KDD’09), Acceptance rate – full paper : 9.3%
14. S. Mohammadi, V.P. Janeja and A. Gangopadhyay, Discretized Spatio-Temporal Scan Window, 9th SIAM International conference on Data Mining, SDM 2009, Acceptance rate – full paper : 15.6 %
15. M. Lindvall, R.L. Feldmann, G. Karabatis, Z. Chen, V.P. Janeja, Searching for Relevant Software Change Artifacts using Semantic Networks, 24th ACM Symposium on Applied Computing, Software Engineering, Hawaii, USA, March 2009, Acceptance rate – full Paper : 29 %
16. Nabil R. Adam, Vandana P. Janeja, Aabhas V. Paliwal, Basit Shafiq, Cedric Ulmer, Volker Gersabeck, Anne Hardy, Christof Bornhövd, Joachim Schaper: Approach for Discovering and Handling Crisis in a Service-Oriented Environment, the fifth IEEE International Conference on Intelligence and Security Informatics, ISI 2007, New Brunswick New Jersey.
17. N. Adam, V. Atluri, V. P. Janeja, A. Paliwal, M. Youssef, S. Chun, J. Cooper, J. Paczkowski, C. Bornhoevd, I. Nassi, J. Schaper, Semantics-based Threat Structure Mining, the Seventh Annual International Conference on Digital Government Research (dg.o), May, 2006, San Diego, CA.
V. P. Janeja and V. Atluri,
"FS3: A Random Walk based Free-Form Spatial Scan
Statistic for Anomalous Window Detection". The Fifth IEEE
International Conference on Data Mining (ICDM), November 2005,
19. V. P. Janeja, V. Atluri, A. Gomaa, N. Adam, C. Bornhoevd and T. Lin., “DM”, the sixth National Conference on Digital Government Research, (dg.o), May 2005 Atlanta, Georgia.
V. P. Janeja, V. Atluri and N. R. Adam , Detecting Anomalous Geospatial Trajectories through Spatial Characterization and Spatio-Semantic Associations, the fifth National Conference on Digital Government Research (dg.o), May 2004 , Seattle, WA.
N. R. Adam, V. P. Janeja, V. Atluri, Neighborhood Based Detection of Anomalies in High Dimensional Spatio-temporal Sensor Datasets, ACM Symposium on Applied Computing, Data Mining, March 2004, Cyprus.
V. P. Janeja, V. Atluri and N. R. Adam, OUTLAW: Using Geo-Spatial Associations for Outlier Detection and Visual Analysis of Cargo Routes, the Second National Conference on Digital Government Research (dg.o), May, 2002 LA, CA.
Referred Workshop Papers
25. V. Misal, V.P. Janeja, S. Pallaprolu, Y.Yesha, and R. Chintalapati, KDD BHI Workshop, in conjunction with IEEE Big Data 2016
26. S. Pallaprolu, J. Namayanja, V. P. Janeja, and C.T. Adithya, Label Propagation in Big Data to Detect Remote Access Trojans Pattern Mining and Application of Big Data (BigPMA 2016), in conjunction with IEEE Big Data 2016
27. M. Alodadi, V.P. Janeja, Similarity in Patient Support Forums Using TF-IDF and Cosine Similarity Metrics, Finalist in Healthcare Data Analytics Challenge, IEEE International Conference on Healthcare Informatics 2015 (ICHI 2015)
28. A. Azari, V.P. Janeja, S. Levin, Imbalanced Learning to Predict Long Stay Emergency Department Patients, Workshop on Health Informatics and Data Science (HI-DS), In conjunction with the IEEE International Conference on Bioinformatics and Biomedicine (BIBM) 2015.
29. A. Kench , V. P. Janeja , Y. Yesha , N. Rishey, Clinico-genomic Decision Support System for Precision Diagnostics and Management, AMIA 2015
30. J. Gholap, V. Janeja, Y. Yesha, Raghu Chintalapati, Harsh Marwaha, and Kunal Modi, Collaborative Data Mining For Clinical Trial Analytics, Workshop on Data Mining in Translational Biomedical Informatics, In conjunction with the IEEE International Conference on Bioinformatics and Biomedicine (BIBM) 2015.
31. A. Grover, J. Gholap, V. Janeja, Y. Yesha, Raghu Chintalapati, Kunal Modi, and Harsh Marwaha, SQL Like Big Data Environments: Case study in Clinical Trial Analytics, 1st International Workshop on Deriving Value from Big Data in Healthcare, In conjunction with The IEEE International Conference on Big Data (IEEE BigData 2015)
32. J. Gholap, V. Janeja, and Y. Yesha, Unified Framework For Clinical Data Analytics (U-CDA), Poster, IEEE International Conference on Big Data (IEEE BigData 2015)
33. J. M. Namayanja, V.P. Janeja, Change Detection In Temporally Evolving Computer Networks: A Big Data Framework, First International Workshop on High Performance Big Graph Data Management, Analysis, and Mining, co-located with the IEEE BigData 2014
34. V.P. Janeja, A. Azari, J. M. Namayanja, B. Heilig, B-DIDS: Mining Anomalies In A Big-Distributed Intrusion Detection System, Poster, 2014 IEEE International Conference on Big Data October 27-30, 2014, Washington DC, USA
35. Y. Sun, V. P. Janeja, STOUT: Spatio-Temporal Outlier detection Using Tensors , ACM SIGKDD 2014 Workshop, ODD2 Outlier Detection & Description under Data Diversity, New York on August, 2014.
36. Y. Yesha, V. P. Janeja, N. Rishe, Y. Yesha: Personalized Decision Support System to Enhance Evidence Based Medicine through Big Data Analytics. Poster, ICHI 2014: 376
37. A. Azari, V.P. Janeja, Alex Mohseni, Predicting Hospital Length of Stay (PHLOS) : A Multi-Tiered Data Mining Approach, The Third Workshop on Biological Data Mining and its Applications in Healthcare (BioDM) in conjunction with IEEE ICDM, Dec 2012
38. Y. Sun, V. P. Janeja, M. McGuire, and A. Gangopadhyay. Tnet: Tensor-based neighborhood discovery in traffic networks. International Workshop on Spatio-Temporal data Integration and Retrieval (STIR2012), April 1, 2012, Washington DC, USA, 2012.
39. M. P. McGuire, V.P. Janeja and A. Gangopadhyay, Spatiotemporal Neighborhood Discovery for Sensor Data, In the second SIG-KDD International Workshop on Knowledge Discovery from Sensor Data (Sensor-KDD '08), Las Vegas, NV, August 23, 2008
V. P. Janeja, Visualization techniques for routing protocols and router configurations, the International students Poster Competition: the 33rd technical symposium on Computer science education (SIGCSE), Cincinnati, Kentucky, February, 2002.
Gait and Posture, Accepted 2016
42. Tambe, George Karabatis, Vandana P. Janeja, Context aware discovery in web data through anomaly detection. Int. J. Web Eng. Technol. 10(1): 3-30 (2015)
43. Lei Shi, Aryya Gangopadhyay, Vandana P. Janeja, STenSr: Spatio-temporal tensor streams for anomaly detection and pattern discovery. Knowl. Inf. Syst. 43(2): 333-353 (2015)
44. M. McGuire, V.P. Janeja, A. Gangopadhyay, Mining Trajectories of Moving Dynamic Spatio-Temporal Regions in Sensor Datasets, To appear in Data Mining and Knowledge Discovery, Data Min. Knowl. Discov. 28(4): 961-1003 (2014)
45. Sandipan Dey, V. P. Janeja, and A. Gangopadhyay, Discovery of Temporal Neighborhoods through Discretization Methods, Intell. Data Anal. 18(4): 609-636 (2014)
46. Chen Song, Janeja V., Human Perspective to Anomaly Detection for Cybersecurity, Journal of Intelligent Information Systems, Journal of Intelligent Information Systems, February 2014 (Accepted 2013) , Volume 42, Issue 1, pp 133-153
47. M. McGuire, V.P. Janeja, A. Gangopadhyay, (in press). Mining sensor datasets with spatio-temporal neighborhoods. To appear in Journal of Spatial Information Science (JOSIS), J. Spatial Information Science 6(1): 1-42 (2013)
48. V.P. Janeja and R. Palanisamy, Multi Domain Anomaly Detection in Spatial Datasets, Knowledge and Information Systems Journal, DOI: 10.1007/s10115-012-0534-5, Oct 2012.
49. L. Shi and V. P. Janeja , Discovery of anomalous windows through a Robust nonparametric Multivariate Scan Statistic (RMSS), IJDWM, Accepted June 2012
50. Azari, V.P. Janeja, Alex Mohseni, Healthcare Data Mining: Predicting Hospital Length of Stay (PHLOS), Accepted to the International Journal of Knowledge Discovery in Bioinformatics (IJKDB), Nov 2012
51. J. M. Namayanja, V.P. Janeja, An Assessment of Patient Behavior Over Time–Periods: A Case Study of Managing Type 2 Diabetes Through Blood Glucose Readings and Insulin Doses, Journal of Medical Systems, DOI: 10.1007/s10916-012-9894-3, Oct 2012
52. J. M. Namayanja, V. P. Janeja, Subspace Discovery for Disease Management: A Case Study in Metabolic Syndrome. IJCMAM 2(1): 38-59 (2011)
53. V. P. Janeja, A. Gangopadhyay, S. H. Mohammadi, R. Palanisamy: Discovery of anomalous spatio-temporal windows using discretized spatio-temporal scan statistics. Statistical Analysis and Data Mining 4(3): 276-300 (2011)
54. L. Shi, V.P. Janeja: Anomalous Window Discovery for Linear Intersecting Paths. IEEE Trans. Knowl. Data Eng. 23(12): 1857-1871 (2011)
55. David M. Lewis, Vandana Pursnani Janeja: An Empirical Evaluation of Similarity Coefficients for Binary Valued Data. IJDWM 7(2): 44-66 (2011)
56. V. P. Janeja, N. Adam, V. Atluri, J.S. Vaidya. Spatial neighborhood based anomaly detection in sensor datasets Data Mining and Knowledge Discovery, Data Mining and Knowledge Discovery, special issue on Outlier Detection, 20(2), March 2010, pp. 221-258, Springer.
57. George Karabatis, Zhiyuan Chen, V. P. Janeja, Tania Lobo, Monish Advani, Mikael Lindvall, Raimund L. Feldmann, Using Semantic Networks and Context in Search for Relevant Software Engineering Artifacts, Journal of Data Semantics , Accepted for publication, 2009.
58. V.P. Janeja and V. Atluri, Random walks to identify anomalous free-form spatial scan windows. IEEE Transactions on Knowledge and Data Engineering (TKDE), Volume 20(10), 2008.
59. V.P. Janeja and V. Atluri, Spatial outlier detection in heterogeneous neighborhoods. Intelligent Data Analysis, Volume 13(1), 2008
60. J. M. Namayanja , V. P. Janeja Characterization of Evolving Networks for Cybersecurity, Information Fusion for Cyber-Security Analytics, Volume 691 of the series Studies in Computational Intelligence pp 111-127, 2016
61. L. Shi, V.P. Janeja, Linear-Shaped Scan Statistic, for Encyclopedia of Geographic Information Science Dr. S. Shekhar, Dr. H. Xiong, Dr. X. Zhou (Editor-in-Chiefs), pp 1-7, 12 May 2016
62. V. P. Janeja, N. R. Adam , Geo Spatial Data Mining techniques for Homeland Security Applications, for Encyclopedia of Geographic Information Science Dr. S. Shekhar, Dr. H. Xiong (Editor-in-Chiefs), Springer, 2008.
63. N. R. Adam, V. Atluri, V. P. Janeja et. al , Semantics-based Threat Structure Mining for Homeland Security , for Digital Government: Advanced Research and Case Studies, Dr. H. Chen, Dr. L. Brandt, Ms. V. Gregg, Dr. R. Traunmüller, Dr. S. Dawes, Dr. E. Hovy, Dr. A. Macintosh, and Ms. C. A. Larson (Editors), 2007, Springer.
64. N. Adam, V. Atluri, V. P. Janeja, J. Vaidya, M. Youssef., A. Snbl, C. Bornhoevd, S. Raiyani, T. Lin, J. Cooper, J. Paczkowski "Semantic Graph based Knowledge Discovery from Heterogeneous Information Sources", Working Together: Conference on Public/Private R&D Partnerships in Homeland Security, April 2005, Boston, MA.
65. N. R. Adam, V. Atluri, R. Koslowski, R. Grossman, V. P. Janeja, J. Warner Secure Interoperation for Effective Data Mining in Border Control and Homeland Security Applications (NSF highlights), the Seventh Annual International Conference on Digital Government Research (dg.o), May, 2006, San Diego, CA.
66. N. R. Adam, V. Atluri, V. P. Janeja, Poster on Secure Agency Interoperation for Effective Data Mining in Border Control and Homeland Security Applications, the 2nd Symposium on IEEE Intelligence and Security Informatics (IEEE ISI), June 2004, Tucson, Arizona.
67. N. R. Adam, V. Atluri, V. P. Janeja, Secure Agency Interoperation for Effective Data Mining in Border Control and Homeland Security Applications, the fifth National Conference on Digital Government (dg.o), May 2004 , Seattle, WA (NSF Highlights).
68. R.Koslowski, V. P. Janeja, E-Business Solutions to Border Control Challenges, White paper for SAP America Inc, June 2002.
V. P. Janeja. Anomaly Detection in Heterogeneous Datasets. PhD thesis,
Rutgers University, 2007.
V. Pursnani, Visualization techniques for routing protocols and router configurations, January 2001
Copyright Note: The electronic versions of the published papers are made available to ensure timely dissemination of scholarly and technical work. Copyright and all rights therein are retained by authors or by other copyright holders. All persons copying this information are expected to adhere to the terms and conditions invoked by each author's copyright. In most cases, these works may not be reposted without the explicit permission of the copyright holder.