Subject: Re: Mosaic compilation problems...%^)

From: [email-masked] (Frank Peters)
Date: 25 May 1994 08:52:00 -0500

Maurizio Codogno <[email-masked]> says:
>In article <[email-masked]>,
>Frank Peters <[email-masked]> wrote:
>>>       The problems with the compilation are gone ... but ....
>>> (always the same)... I have NEW!! errors:
>
>>Be sure you are using Makefile.solaris.  In that file the syslibs
>>variable should be defined:
>
>>     #### For Solaris (?)
>>     syslibs = -lnsl -lsocket -lgen
>
>They are not enough, I have to add the whole bunch of Motif libraries.

Hmmm...did neither of you have a Makefile.solaris in your distribution?
There is one in the Mosaic source at ftp.ncsa.uiuc.edu.  It is already
configured for a system with Sun's SDK Motif environment (which Edgar,
at least, seemed to have).  You should have been able to type
"make -f Makefile.solaris" without modifying that file at all (this with
the latest Mosaic 2.4 distribution...the 2.3 distribution was a bit
more complicated).

Anyway, Motif libraries are defined in xlibs, not syslibs.  And the
errors Edgar reported indicated that he had all of the Motif libraries
but not the system libraries above.

I really would start from the Makefile.solaris though.  And only make
modifications that are really necessary.
-- 
Frank Peters  -  UNIX Systems Programmer  -  Mississippi State University
Internet: [email-masked]  -  Phone: (601)325-7030  -  FAX: (601)325-8921