Subject: Re: Solaris 2.3 and personal printers

From: [email-masked] (Daniel M. Rosenberg)
Date: 18 Feb 1994 18:12:29 GMT

In article [email-masked],  [email-masked] (Dieter Becker) writes:
 
>I installed some personal printers on SPARC-Stations with Solaris 2.3
>How to let disappear these banner pages. Is there a global switch?

Unfortunately, there isn't exactly a global switch, but there should
be, and I have a feeling we'll see this in 2.4.

For now, you can make a new version of your printer interface script.
For example, copy /etc/lp/model/standard to /etc/lp/model/standard-nobanner,
and change the line around 332 from

nobanner="no"

to

nobanner="yes"

Then, in /etc/lp/printers/<printername>/configuration, or via
lpadmin -p <printername> -m, change the standard interface program
for the printer to be the standard-nobanner one (on the printer server).

---
# Daniel M. Rosenberg        [email-masked]   +1 415 688 9580
# Opinions expressed above aren't Sun's.