Subject: Patching an install server

From: [email-masked] (Jeff Giacobbe)
Date: 17 May 94 15:59:00 GMT

I've got a SS1000 acting as an "auto-install server" with a 300+MB
partition containing an image of the Solaris 2.3 CDROM.

I have used this setup to install a couple of IPC's over the net by
doing the following:

1) Do a net install from the install server.

2) Run a post-install script to apply about 50 Solaris 2.3 patches to
the newly installed machine.

My question is this: 

Is there any way to apply the patches directly to the CDROM image on 
the install server??  

I'd much rather do a net install that already includes the patches
than do the above 2 step procedure for *every* machine installed over
the net.  We are expecting about 35 SS5's and 20's in the next few
months and it would be great to do away with applying the patches as a
separate step.

Adv-thanks-ance,

Jeff Giacobbe

--
--------------------------------------------------------------------
	"There's such a fine line between clever and stupid" 
						-David St. Hubbins
--------------------------------------------------------------------

Status: RO

Status: RO

Status: RO