Subject: HP LaserJet 4m & Solaris 2.3 LP spooler

From: [email-masked] (Gunnar Orvarsson)
Date: 7 May 1994 18:33:43 GMT

Hi,

I'm trying to print to our HP LaserJet 4m that is directly connected to
the serial port of a Sparstation IPC.  I have just upgraded the operating
system to Solaris 2.3 from SunOS 4.1.2.  I've installed patch 101317-04 
(the 5.3: lp jumbo patch). 

The printer should accept both PCL and PostScript jobs.

I set it up using the configuration below:

       Content types: any
       Printer types: hplaser
       Connection: direct
       Interface: /usr/lib/lp/model/standard
       Default pitch: 10 CPI 6 LPI
       Default page size: 80 wide 60 long
       Default port settings: 9600 cs8 -cstopb -parity ixon -ixany opost onlcr 

But I am having problems with postscript jobs.  After the last page, the
form feed light stays on forever, and if I print to it again, the jobs get 
lost.

Is there anyone, that knows what I'm doing wrong, or how a LaserJet 4m is
supposed to be configured under the system v r4 spooler?  What is the correct
printer type for such a printer?  What content types are appropriate?

Best regards,
--
Gunnar Orvarsson                                 Internet:    [email-masked]
Hafrannsoknastofnunin/Fiskistofa                 Telephone:   +354 1 697909
(Marine Research Inst./Directorate of Fisheries) Fax:         +354 1 697991
Ingolfsstraeti 1, Reykjavik, Iceland             Home phone:  +354 1 813253