Subject: Re: Customise login prompt

From: [email-masked] ("Craig R. McClanahan")
Date: 12 May 1994 20:31:17 -0700

>>>>> "Francis" == Francis Ho <[email-masked]> writes:

    Francis> I'm trying to customise my login prompt.  Presently it
    Francis> is: System V Release 4.0 (hostname)

    Francis> login:

    Francis> I would like to have the words "Unauthorised Access is
    Francis> Prohibited" before a user logs in.  It could be anywhere
    Francis> but the user must be aware that unauthorised access is
    Francis> prohibited for eg

    Francis> "Unauthorised Access is Prohibited"

    Francis> System V Release 4.0 (hostname)

    Francis> login:

    Francis> Could anyone please help?  Could I overcome this by a
    Francis> program in my inetd.conf file.  If so, how?

    Francis> [email-masked]

For actual serial ports, the -p option to ttyadm lets you define the "login:"
portion of the sign on banner.  I can't find offhand where to change it for
network logins.

----------
Craig R. McClanahan                     EMAIL:  [email-masked]
DAT Services                            Phone:  503-643-4331
Beaverton, OR, USA                      Fax:    503-526-6442