Subject: Re: LP filter problems (Solaris)

From: [email-masked] (Vinc Duran)
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 1994 23:07:41 GMT

In <[email-masked]> [email-masked] (John Knutson) writes:

<snip>
>Now, for the most part, this setup works fine.  However, when printing
>from ms-windows, whose driver puts a ^D at the beginning of each job,
>so the first few bytes of the file are "^D%!PS-Adobe-3.0", the jobs
>are enscripted before printing.

Here's a solution from the Windows side: I got this from Adrian Woolley 
[email-masked]

>You have something like:
> 
>[Apple LaserWriter II NT,FILE]
> 
>and so change it to:
> 
>[Apple LaserWriter II NT,FILE]
>CtrlD=0
This gets the driver to leave of the ^D at the begining of the file. I don't 
think the one at the end has any effect.

-- 
[email-masked]   or   [email-masked]

"Star light, star bright. We're gonna hang some new stars in the heavens 
tonight. They're gonna circle by day, they're gonna fly by night"