Subject: Re: Patch 100999-33 Problems

From: [email-masked] (John Caruso)
Date: 28 Oct 1993 13:22:05 -0400

In article <[email-masked]>, Rune Groenaas wrote:
>I have a SparcServer 1000, running Solaris 2.2. Some patches have been
>installed, including the 100999-33. But after installing this patch, the
>program "sysinfo" (Public Domain), crashes the computer, with a long
>traceback message. After uninstalling this patch, the program worked.
>
>Has anybody else had problems with this patch????

100999-33 was very unstable; we had three system panics in the week
after installing it.  The current revision is -43 (that's as of the
beginning of this week, and considering the frequency of updates to
the kernel patch it's probably higher now).  We currently have -38
installed and it has been running well for over two weeks.  You may
want to try updating to one of these later revisions and seeing if
the problem goes away.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
 John Caruso                                    [email-masked]
 Unix/VMS System Administrator                  caruso@UMUC (Bitnet)
 University of Maryland University College      Work: (301) 985-7447
---------------------------------------------------------------------