Subject: dirent problem

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 26 Sep 1993 01:05:36 CDT

I have encountered an interesting bug. When compiling the source code
from the man pages (solaris 2.2) of readdir, instead of listing the
files, the code lists the files minus the first two characters of the name.
When I change the order of the last two entries everything works out correctly.
I don't trust this solution, though.

Has anyone else had the same problem? IOf so how did you fix it?
Thanks in advance.
--------------------------------------------------
Thaddeus Olczyk, University of Illinois at Chicago
[email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked] (William L. Jones)
Date: Sat, 16 Oct 93 18:56:53 GMT

If you use dirent then you must not linked against /usr/ucblib libraries.
You will link against /usr/ucblib if you use /usr/ucb/cc.

If you link against /usr/ucblib you  use direct in 
/usr/ucbinclude/sys/dir.h.