Subject: Compiling X11R5 on Solaris 2.1

From: [email-masked] (Greg Bean)
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 1993 20:58:42 GMT

I get the following error compiling X11R5 pl19 with the
"R5.SunOS5.patch.tar.Z" patch applied:

cc -c -O -DSTRINGS_ALIGNED -DNO_ISDIR   -I../../. -I../../.  -DSVR4
-DSYSV -Dsun
 -Dsparc -Dunix -DNO_REGCOMP -DINCLUDE_ALLOCA_H -DNO_SETPGRP
AuRead.c
...skipping...
socketpair                          ../libphigs.a(cp_ccom.o)
socket                              ../../../.././lib/X/libX11.so
setsockopt                          ../../../.././lib/X/libX11.so
gethostbyname                       ../../../.././lib/Xmu/libXmu.so
gethostname                         ../../../.././lib/Xmu/libXmu.so
send                                phigsmon.o
connect                             ../../../.././lib/X/libX11.so
ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to phigsmon

...lots more of the same... 

any hints would be appreciated

-greg
-- 
---------------------------------------------------------------------
 Greg Bean                  [email-masked]
 Liant Software Corporation
 959 Concord Street, Framingham, Mass. 01701-4613 - 508-872-8700 x229
---------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: [email-masked] (Michael Kutzner)
Date: 23 Mar 93 08:29:44

>>>>> About Compiling X11R5 on Solaris 2.1 , Greg Bean said:

Greg> I get the following error compiling X11R5 pl19 with the
Greg> "R5.SunOS5.patch.tar.Z" patch applied:

Greg> ...lots more of the same... 

You have to link with libnsl.. and libsocket... (-lnsl -lsocket).
For this define 
  ExtraLibraries = -lsocket -lnsl
in your sun.cf.

Greg> any hints would be appreciated

Greetings, Michael

***************************************************************************
** --------------------------------------------------------------------- **
**  Michael Kutzner    **  X-Betreuung   **  <[email-masked]>    **
**                                           <[email-masked]>   **
** --------------------------------------------------------------------- **
***************************************************************************