Subject: Re: SCSI speed on Solaris 2.3?

From: [email-masked] (Casper H.S. Dik)
Date: 9 Jan 1994 11:53:45 GMT

[email-masked] (James Wonder) writes:

>Hello,

>   Does anybody know what the speed settings on Solaris 2.3
>are (Synch. vs Asynch.)?  I know on 4.1.3 thay are 58
>for Asynch. and 78 (or 178) for Synch., and you change
>them using "adb".  I looked at my 2.3 system with adb and
>came up with a number that did not match the above.  Do
>you change the speed the same way you would on 4.1.3 or
>is there a better/easier way of doing it.  What are
>the correct values for Synch. and Asynch. on 2.3?
>Thanks for any help regarding this matter.

in <sys/scsi/conf/autoconf.h> you'll find the options.

#define	SCSI_OPTIONS_DR		0x8	/* Global disconnect/reconnect	*/
#define	SCSI_OPTIONS_LINK	0x10	/* Global linked commands */
#define	SCSI_OPTIONS_SYNC	0x20	/* Global synchronous xfer capability */
#define	SCSI_OPTIONS_PARITY	0x40	/* Global parity support */
#define	SCSI_OPTIONS_TAG	0x80	/*   "	  tagged command support */
#define	SCSI_OPTIONS_FAST	0x100	/*   "	  FAST scsi support */

The default value is most likely to be 0x1f8 (all options).

You can change the options in /etc/systems:

	set scsi_options = 0x178	* no tagged commands
	set scsi_options = 0x1d8	* no sync scsi

Just | the options together.

Casper