Subject: Re: building motif under sol 2.3

From: [email-masked] (Kaleb Keithley)
Date: 4 Jan 94 16:13:00 GMT

[email-masked] (Tony Rudie) writes:

>Has anyone out there built Motif under solaris?  

Most assuredly.

>, but in trying to build motif for sol2 I can't get
>the libraries right.  I have tried
>all four combinations of defining or not defining NO_REGEX and NO_REGCOMP

Combinations is the wrong approach. If you look at the source, since
you have a site license, you'll see that -DNO_REGCOMP is all that you
need. Of course you still need -DSTRINGS_ALIGNED.

>but in all cases either the libraries won't build, or when they do, 
>they produce unreferenced symbol errors when used to build the rest
>of the stuff.  the unreferenced symbols are either regex and regcmp
>or re_exec and re_comp depending on the compiler flags.

Did you RTFM? 'man -s3g regcmp' says:

regcmp(3G)             C Library Functions             regcmp(3G)

NAME
     regcmp, regex - compile and execute regular expression

SYNOPSIS
     cc [ flag ... ] file ...  -lgen [ library ... ]

     #include <libgen.h>

     char *regcmp(const char *string1, /* char *string2 */ ... ,
          (char *)0);

     char *regex(const char *re, const char *subject,
          /* char *ret0 */ ... );

--

Kaleb Keithley