Subject: netgroups & share ????

From: [email-masked] (WINGENBACH J C,45290, ORTC-3 MS-7618)
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 1993 04:33:59 GMT

I have a bit of a problem.  I have user directories on machine1 which need to 
be exported to machine2.  Further, I need to set up a subdirectory in each 
user's account to be pcnfs mountable from any machine.  How can I do this?  Is 
there a better way to accomplish the exports?

Basically what I am looking at now is:
  share -F nfs -o rw=machine2 -d "home" /export/home
  share -F nfs -o rw=netuser1grp -d "user1home" /export/home/user1/dos
  share -F nfs -o rw=netuser2grp -d "user2home" /export/home/user2/dos
  share -F nfs -o rw=netuser3grp -d "user3home" /export/home/user3/dos

etc.

I realize that this will not work since I can not export /export/home & a 
subdirectory of it.  But I do need something like it.

I also am having problems getting the netgroup setup.  When I simply tried 
exporting the user's dos subdirectory to a netgroup, it was not recognized.  
What I had done was place the following in /etc/netgroup:
  netuser1grp (,user1,)

any and all help is appreciated.  :)

Thanks in advance!

---

John C. Wingenbach                 Martin Marietta Energy Systems
                                   Data Systems Research & Development
[email-masked]                       Oak Ridge Technical Center III
(615) 574-8345                     1099 Commerce Park
(615) 574-0792 (FAX)               Oak Ridge, TN  37830