Subject: Re: Solaris 2.2 mandatory patch(es)????

From: [email-masked] (Pete Clinch)
Date: 21 Sep 1993 10:56:07 +0100

Stefan Frick ([email-masked]) wrote:

: Having just installed my first 2.2 system and when I popped into this
: newsgroup I find a lot of articles which references the 'mandatory patch(es)'.

: Please excuse if this is an FAQ, but what exactly is regarded is 'mandatory'?

A letter from Sun a couple of weeks ago reads...

"The UK Answer Centre strongly reccomends that te following 8 patches be
applied to any Solaris 2.2 system."

and the magic numbers are...
100985, 100992, 100999, 101014, 101027, 101031, 101090, 101109

Sun are saying you should have these, so I guess that makes them about as
mandatory as you can get.  Get in touch with Sun tech. support, and they'll
send you a set, though they're a bit slow at the moment.  Oddly enough, when
they sent out a letter to all their support customers saying you needed the
patches, there was a surge in demand for them...

Pete.
-- 
Peter Clinch					University of Dundee
phone 44 382 (voice) 60111 x 2050 (fax) 632970	Department of Medical Physics
email [email-masked]			Ninewells Hospital
						Dundee, DD1 9SY, Scotland, UK