Subject: Re: Solaris 2.2/xdm question

From: [email-masked] (Greg Jumper)
Date: 3 Oct 1993 19:57:54 GMT

Regarding the latest version of the "xdm" patch, Hermann Schinagl wrote:

     But, where do I find this patch via ftp ?  I have searched the
     relevant archives such as sunsite, thor, uni-greiburg ..., but they
     only have 101135-01.  Because I have more than one sun to patch, I
     won't apply -01 first and repeat the whole procedure again with
     -02...

By far the best way to get the latest patches is to have a software support
contract with Sun and get your own account with the "Online Support Service".
Telnet to "sunsolve1.sun.com" and follow the instructions; you will need your
support contract number, and I believe you must be one of the registered
technical contacts for the contract as well.  After your credentials are
verified and your account is created, you can ftp to the same site for all the
latest patches.

If, for whatever reason, you can't create your own account on "sunsolve1",
then you could try contacting the appropriate sales person or system engineer
at your local Sun office.

Presumably, the latest patches eventually show up at "sunsite", etc.
--
                                       Greg Jumper
                                       TRW Signal Processing Facility
                                       [email-masked]

Status: RO

Status: RO

Status: RO

Status: RO