Subject: MOTIF Libraries and GUI Builders for SOLARIS

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 1993 10:10:24 GMT

I am trying to determine which third-party MOTIF library/GUI builder I should 
purchase for an application which I am porting from HP-UX to SOLARIS.  The 
application has been written "by hand" (no builder-generated code). I actually
have two questions:

        1. Which third-party MOTIF library would you recommend from the 
           standpoint of stability and reliability for SOLARIS?  Which third-
           party GUI-builder would you recommend from the standpoint of
           functionalty and ease-of-use? I am aware of three companies providing
           MOTIF libraries and GUI-builders:

           	MOTIF and UIM/X from QuestWindows 
            	MOTIF and UIM/X from Black and White Software
            	MOTIF and IXI from Integrated Computer Solutions

	2. If I enhance my application using a GUI builder (i.e. by adding 
           dialog boxes), is it easy to integrate the automatically generated 
           code with my existing application?

Thanks for any information/recommendations you may have.  I will summarize 
and post to the net. 

S. Desai