1) What are the cells that comprise the nervous system and their function?
2) How is myelin formed?
3) What is myelin's role in nerve conduction?
4) What is the difference between a graded potential and an action potential?
5) How is an action potential generated?
6) During an action potential what ions flow across the membrane and through what channels?
7) At rest what is a nerve cell's resting potential and what ion is concentrated outside the cell and what ion is concentrated inside the cell?
8) What is saltatory conductance?
9) What is a chemical synapse?
10) Chemical synapses occur between a neuron and what other cells?
11) How are neurotransmitters removed use acetylcholine as an example?
12) How do some pesticides work?
13) Is nicotine a stimulant or depressant and where is its site of action?
14) What is the difference between a presynaptic and post synaptic cell?
15) What do the following terms mean: reflex arc, divergence and convergence?
16) Do sponges have a spinal cord?
17) In the vertebrate brain are functions localized or diffuse?
18) What is PET and how can it be used?
19) What is the difference between the central nervous system and peripheral nervous system?
20) When you are anxious about an exam is the parasympathetic or sympathetic nervous system firing?
21) In sensory systems how is intensity coded?
22) How many types of senses do mammals have?
23) In the visual system what cells are light detectors?
24) What photoreceptors are functioning when you are walking down the aisle in a dark movie theater?